Nurturing Communities Project
There is a new generation of Christian intentional communities springing into life in our day. The Nurturing Communities Project is a response to this work of the Holy Spirit, bringing together more experienced and newer communities for learning and inspiration. David Janzen from Reba Place Fellowship, a four-decade veteran of Christian community, has been traveling, often with younger partners, to visit these communities and to share the wisdom from this growing network of mutual support. One fruit of this inter-generational project has been the publication in September, 2012, of The Intentional Christian Community Handbook: For Idealists, Hypocrites, and Wannabe Disciples of Jesus.
For more information on the services of the Nurturing Communities Project see the following:
- See reviews of The Intentional Christian Community Handbook and interviews with the author.
- Read about community visits in Portland, St. Paul, Detroit, Waco, Austin, Cape Cod, Boston, Philadelphia, and other places.
- Visitations: How to set up peer-led community reviews
- Workshops and panel discussions available on a variety of topics
- Contacts: Mentors, consultations, and networking with other communities